Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Drexel Libraries Hours and Locations
Drexel Library facilities are open but operating on a modified schedule due to Covid-19.
An alphabetical listing of all of the subscription databases available through Drexel Libraries. Included on this free resources selected by Drexel librarians based on quality and subject matter.
Guides compile links and resources for specific topics or subjects. Click here to view all library guides created by Drexel librarians. Pay attention to the categories of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Data & Statistics, Funding & Research, and Writing & Publishing
Getting Full Text
Know what you're looking for? There are a variety of ways to access full-text articles if you know some information about the item you want to read (i.e. article title, author name, journal title, year, DOI, etc...). Go to the search engines below. Please keep in mind that many of these options are meant to be used when you already have pieces of information about the article you are looking for. If you are beginning a general search, please go instead to the specialty database itself and work from its landing page.
- Search by DOI/PMID (LibKey) - searches across the web for articles available via Drexel Libraries' journal subscriptions. Use this if if you know the DOI (digital object identifier) or PMID (PubMed Identifier). Not every item you want will have a DOI or a PMID. Not every item you search for will be available through the Drexel Libraries. If we don't have it, you will be presented with an option to request it via ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan).
- DragonSearch Basic - searches across a majority of the library's collection (but not all of it) and provides links to full-text items in our collection. Search with the title of the item you want and keywords.
- DragonSearch Advanced - searches across a majority of the library's collection (but not all of it) and provides links to full-text items in our collection. In Advanced Mode, you can search with more than one field (i.e. author name, year, journal name, etc...).
- PubMed Basic - this version of PubMed includes embedded links to full-text options to items in Drexel Libraries' collection. The most effective way to search in Basic mode is by title and PubMed ID.
- PubMed Advanced - this version of PubMed includes embedded links to full-text options to items in Drexel Libraries' collection. In Advanced Mode, you can search with more than one field (i.e. author name, year, journal name, etc...)
- GoogleScholar - this version of GoogleScholar with links to Drexel full-text options. In basic mode, you can search with any combination of article title, DOI, author name, and journal title.
Full-Text Not Working?
- ILLiad - If Drexel does not have online access to an article, use the Interlibrary Loan system to request a copy from another library that does.
Drexel Library Account
Log into your library account to track loans and requests.
Search for online and print journals licensed by Drexel Libraries.
This interface helps you browse online journals. Upon setting up an individual account, you can sync your browsing and reading lists across devices. Available as a mobile app.
Endnote is a citation management tool used for organizing references and writing papers. The online version is free, and the desktop version is available to Drexel users via the Software Center. This guide, created by Drexel librarians, reviews the basics of the tool and how to get it.